Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've done it now...put it out there!!

Born in a Barn

First Fall Sale, October 14th and 15th, 2011



I am currently in the process of putting together a sale that will be called Born in a Barn. This type of sale is very popular all over the United States, one of the biggest being Round Top Texas (go to http://www.antiqueweekend.com). I am not looking at doing something on this large of scale!! These sales enable people who love to collect, refurbish or make things to have the opportunity to retail their items in a supportive, collective environment! A couple of guys in Washington State have a sale called Barn House, they invite friends of theirs to set up shop for the weekend at their farm (go to http://www.barnhousebh.com), their friends in turn invite them to set up shop at their sale (go to http://retreatdesign.blogspot.com). And round and round they go! There is nothing except for the occasional craft show at a school gym or hotel around here. I want to put it together so we have a quality of goods similar to the antiques that Neltji offers (at prices regular people can afford). With out having to maintain a store front and no employee costs, the goods can be sold at prices that are reasonable. This letter is going out to a very few of you I have met here and there. Starting out small is fine with me, starting out big is fine with me too…..finding vendors to pack up and come to Highway 14 in Sheridan, Wyoming will be a little bit of a challenge, but I’m not scared! I’m hoping to have an organizational meeting around mid August. If any of you have people you think would be interested and would fit into this kind of sale, please let me know. I can make an appointment to see their goods and go from there! Any input is greatly appreciated and you can e-mail me at this address: shelley@tkinnison.com



So excited for this new adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment