Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I have a few weaknesses...............okay, alot of weaknesses!! But one in particular is for the Buffalo Chicken Salad at the Rib and Chop House here in good old Sheridan, Wyoming. They take an innocent fat free chicken breast, cut it up in pieces, deep fry it, coat it in hot sauce, then into a bed of greens (the healthy part), sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and bacon (cause, why not?) and two big fat sides of creamy blue cheese dressing. And oh ya, my girlfriend and I like to order a side of fries and toss those into the salad! In my quest to lose some pounds, (by the way I weigh and measure this Friday, so we'll see if this helped), I had to find an alternative to my weakness. After much trial and error......I have succeeded!! And here you go!!

Buffalo Chicken Salad

2 pound chicken breast, pounded and cut into pieces
2/3 c flour
6 T cornstarch
¼ t cayenne pepper
1 t garlic powder
2/3 c Franks hot sauce
1 T olive oil
Heat pan to medium-high, combine flour, cornstarch, cayenne, and garlic powder in a Ziploc bag. Toss in the chicken and shake it up to coat.
Add olive oil to pan and once hot, add chicken and cook on both sides.
Once chicken is cooked put it in a bowl and cover and toss with the hot sauce.
Serve 6.4 ounces of chicken (180 calories) on a bed of greens with lowfat blue cheese dressing.

Lowfat Blue Cheese dressing (best to make day before, tastes just like the really fattening kind)
½ c crumbled blue cheese
6 oz greek yogurt fat free
1 T lemon juice
1 T white wine vinegar
Combine all in a bowl and wah-lah!! Only 85 calories in ¼ cup!!
Total salad calories 265!!

There are just some battles I can't win and craving this is one of them, so why not figure it out!!
I don't have a photo but I'll take one of the real one and my reduced version so you can see it for real!!



1 comment:

  1. oh ya baby... This looks delish!!! Running to my kitchen right this second!!!

    ReplyDelete