Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chicken, chicken, chicken..............I love chicken!!

I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but I did see it! I baked 6 chicken breast at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. As soon as they came out I put them in the bowl of my kitchen aid with the paddle attachement (not the dough hook), turned it on to 4 speed for 20 seconds, instant shredded chicken!! I love, love, love it!! So here, is my new taquito recipe with shredded chicken. Yumola!!

Chicken Taquitos:
300 grams shredded chicken breast
8 T La Victoria green chili salsa
1/3 c. Greek yogurt
1 c. fat free cheddar cheese
1 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t cumin
1/4 t garlic powder
6 La Tortilla Factory low fat/low carb tortillas

Mix first 4 ingrediants together and spices, divide evenly between the 6 tortillas, bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until edges start to brown. These are off the hook good. 187 calories each, 15 carbs, 6 grams of fat, 29 grams of protien. And then a little dish of greek yogurt to dip in or salsa.

And progress: I've been eating clean and doing cardio on my off days, the weight is coming off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment