Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wings............

The law of attraction is off the ricter scale in my little orbit right now! First, the guitar two weeks ago.....and it turns out she is also a big fan of Brave Girls, and was going to quit doing her beautiful guitars, and her name is Shelly (oh ya, I already said that part) and......ooops, off the train tracks. This post is about another connection that was AMAZING!! Last winter my friend and I did a makeover on another friends clothing store, she wanted more of an Anthropology look... so we drug in all kinds of stuff and I had been making angel wings ever since Brave Girls for all of my friends. So I thought, here's your chance to see if anyone will actually pay for your art. I made three big sets of wings......no one bought them....crap, everyone said they loved them, so maybe I over priced them? Oh well, alot of time and energy went into making them, I'm not going to pay people to have them. Then the store sold to a new owner and she is going for a totally different look so we need to go get our stuff. WoW, one pair of the wings sold....so I gather up the other two and bring them home. Then I have a baby shower for a friend and one of the guests asks if she can buy a set of wings..........WoW, a little more validation. So I gather my little artistic ego up off the floor and think I'll make some for the barn sale. One afternoon I'm sitting and folding to make wings and the phone rings, "Hi, this is Barbara from the Chamber of Commerce and I'm looking for an artist by the last name of Kinnison and just thought you might be able to help me?", I say, "My mother in-law does water color paintings, her name is Sharon, is that who you are looking for?", "No, this is a paper artist, she does things, with old books.", I actually laugh out loud.....there are quite a few people I consider artists, but I have never put myself in that category....."That's me!", "Great, there is a woman in town who is dying to find you and buy some of your wings, can I give her your number?", I say "Sure", still thinking this is so bizarre! Phone rings, "Shelley?", "Yes", some squealing and sounds of joy, "I can't believe I found you, I'm so excited, I need wings, don't think I'm a stalker, but I kinda of am, it was so hard to find you, I love your art...." , by now my head is so big I have to open double doors and go sideways to fit it outside.....but hey, you bet I'll meet you for coffee and let you adore me a little bit more! Next morning I get my butt up and out to meet for coffee and there is the sweetest soul I've met in a very long time and yes, she does need wings, because her name is Angela!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It's all so aweseome! You've made me smile at all of your recent posts and how absolutely HAPPY you are sounding. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - see such big things happen when your brave - connections connections connections you are making!!! And you better have some of those wings at Born in a Barn cause I want a set!!! :) See you soon Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves this! I want to buy a set if you will make me one. My little girl who has had 62 surgeries... Most of them on her back, we call her scars her angel wings, She would just be over the moon in love with your wings... You keep making your art sweet sister. There is a world of brave girls that can each be healed in a different ways... That is why we all need to create. I am so thankful I came across this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach, I got your message and would be so happy to make a set for your sweet daughter. If you could message me her name (I like to put a message on the back), your contact info, I will get right to work on them. The message you left doesn't show a link to contact you so I hope we can connect here!! Thank you for your sweet comments too!! :) Shelley

    ReplyDelete